Consider the Value of Proper Document Management
June 30, 2016 | 0 Comments
We’ve all had documents that have gone missing, have had to be recreated, or have been misfiled. Learn about the why it’s important to have a system in place for proper document management through these fast-facts:
- 50 percent of a worker’s time is spent on creating and preparing documents.
- Companies spend $20 in labor to file a document, $120 in labor to find a misfiled document, and $220 in labor to reproduce a lost document.
- Document challenges are robbing organizations of 21.3 percent of their overall staff productivity.
- Professionals spend 5 – 15 percent of their time reading information, but up to 50 percent looking for it.
- 92 percent of professionals collaborate on and review documents via email.
- 7.5 percent of all documents get lost; 3 percent of the remainder get misfiled. No wonder documents go missing all the time.
- The average worker shares 6 documents as email attachments each day. And the average document is photocopied 19 times.
- Users send and receive an average of 133 e-mail messages per day (Radicati Group).
- There are over 4 trillion paper documents in the U.S. alone and they are growing at a rate of 22% per year (PricewaterhouseCoopers).
- Time wasted on document challenges are costing organizations almost $20K per worker, per year.
Click here to learn about how EIS can help you through our Managed Document Services.